Each day I get an email from Groupon. If you don’t know what Groupon is check it out here. Daily you receive an email on a good deal to your local area. It could be for restaurants, salons, cleaning service, etc etc; pretty much anything you can think of. A certain number of people have to purchase the deal for it to “be on”. Many days I look at the email, hoping it’s something I’d be excited for and usually I pass. This morning, much to my surprise I see HULA FIT CLASSES. How fun! And yes, it’s exactly what you think it is. A fitness class involving hula hoops. According to the website, they do incorporate more into it besides hula hoops including, stability balls and resistance bands. I am definitely going give it a shot to mix things up, why not?
Here is some random trivia about the hoola hoop. (Source)
- Japan once banned the hula hoop because the rotating hip action seems indecent.
- On June 4, 2005, Australian Kareena Oates set a Guinness world record for hula hooping – with 100 hoops for three full revolutions.
- 101 hoops were spun by Alesya Goulevich of Belarus on June 11, 2006
- 105 hoops were spun by Jin Linlin of China on October 28, 2007.
- The world record for the largest Hula Hoop (by circumference) spun was set by American Ashrita Furman at 51.5 feet on June 1, 2007.